Judson hit his goal today during our telehealth session! He has been working hard to gain bilateral upper extremity strength. He had a goal of completing 15 push-ups (from his toes!) with 0 rest breaks. He has been working hard in occupational therapy sessions by doing planks, yoga, and push-ups. He has also done a great job practicing on his own at home. In recent weeks, Judson has shown great improvements with his form and overall endurance. Today, all of his hard work finally paid off- he reached his goal!
Through our parent portal you can:
- See upcoming appointment
- See Previous Documentation:
- Progress Summaries
- Treatment Notes
- View Home Programs
- Make Account Payments
Having trouble accessing your parent portal?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Your Name
- Your Child's Name
- Your preferred email to associate with portal.
CareCredit: Apply here
We accept the #CareCredit credit card to help bridge the gap between insurance and the cost of care. If you haven't met your deductible, or have other out-of-pocket expenses, CareCredit is a great option. Apply here or learn more today.
- During COVID, if you do not have insurnace coverage, you can apply for 2 months of temporary coverage (must apply for Medicaid to continue)
- Apply online or reach out to a DCBS Assister for support. Applications can also be printed and mailed/faxed. An interview may be required
Michelle P. Waiver: https://chfs.ky.gov/agencies/dms/dca/iddcsb/Pages/mpw.aspx
- For recipients of Medicaid or those who qualify
- Provides assistance to individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
- May qualify if individual would be admitted to an intermediate care facility or nursing facility if they did not have waiver services
Home and Community Based Waiver: chfs.ky.gov/dms.hcb.htm
- GRADD or RVBH can do case management for HCB recipients.
- To Apply: Call the ARC department at 800.928.9094
KY Integrated Health Insurance Premium Payment (KI-HIPP) Program: https://chfs.ky.gov/agencies/dms/member/Pages/kihipp.aspx
- May be eligible if you have at least one Medicaid member on an existing employer health
- Apply through benefind website: https://benefind.ky.gov/
UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation: https://www.uhccf.org/
- Parent/Caregiver must apply for the grant online.
- Child must be 16 years of age or younger at the time of application.
Child must have a Social Security Number issued by the Social Security Administration. TIN numbers are not accepted.
Family must not exceed maximum eligible family income as documented on IRS Tax Form 1040.
$55,000 or less for a family of 2
$85,000 or less for a family of 3
$115,000 or less for a family of 4
$145,000 or less for a family of 5 or more
Primary coverage for the child must be by a commercial health plan, either through an employer or individually purchased. Secondary insurance through Medicaid or CHIP is permissible.
- Child is under the care of a licensed medical professional and family is applying for treatments/equipment/services prescribed by a Medical Doctor (M.D.), Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) or Doctor of Audiology (Au.D.) for hearing conditions.
- Awarded funds are accessed online and expenses are submitted to funds.
Friends of Man: https://www.friendsofman.org/index.php
- Must be referred by a healthcare professional, social worker, case manager, teacher, clergy, or counsellor.
- Assistance is only for prostheses, wheelchairs, medical equipment, mobility equipment.
- Cannot be for previous services or existing balances.
- Checks are issued directly to vendor
Giving Angels Foundation: https://givingangelsfoundation.org/
- For children under 21
- Only for physical disabilities, such as Spina Bifida, paralysis, missing limbs or illness (such as, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, cancer)
- Maximum $1000 grant (one-time) per family.
- Application is completed online by parent/caregiver only.
Kiddie Pool Equipment Funding: https://www.adaptivemall.com/kiddie-pool
- Family joins the program free and a custom webpage is created for child.
- You market webpage and individuals can make donations
- Donations are only for products and equipment sold by adaptive mall.
Kya’s Krusade: http://www.kyaskrusade.org/info/programs-and-services/
- Provides grants for adaptive equipment, hippotherapy, and PT/OT if not covered by insurance.
- Open to children under 18 w/ confirmed Dx of a lifelong physical disability affecting motor skills/mobility and OT/PT is part of treatment program
Small Steps in Speech: http://www.smallstepsinspeech.org/
Open to children between 3 and 22 years of age and a combined family income under $100,000.
Intended for children with speech and language disorders
Must be applied for by the parent/guardian
Deadlines for grant submission are: 2/1, 6/1, and 11/1
Can only be used for future services
- Grants are awarded one time for a family/individual
- Services can only be provided by ASHA certified therapists (CCC-SLP)
Autism Care Today: https://www.act-today.org/
Grants are up to $5000.00
Have S.O.S. program for families with an immediate need for treatment/support and if not found, the applicant's physical safety is in jeopardy.
- Grant payments are made directly to service providers
Special Needs Resource Project: http://www.snrproject.com/Resource/Links/Kentucky
● Links/contact info for many resources and funding sources in the state
Patient Rights & Responsibilities
As a patient receiving therapy, you have the right within the limits of the law, to:
Access to Care: Receive considerate, respectful, compassionate care regardless of your age, gender, race, national origin, religion, gender preference, or disability. Receive care in a safe environment free from all forms of abuse, neglect, or harassment. Have your property treated with dignity and respect. Change health care providers if dissatisfied with your care.
Informed Care: Be informed of your treatment plan and participate in the development and implementation of your plan of care. Receive a clear explanation of evaluation results; to be informed of potential or lack of potential for improvement. Be fully informed of the care and treatment that will be provided by us, the cost of care, and how payment will be handled. Be provided with services in a timely and competent manner, which includes referral to other appropriate professionals when necessary. Be told the name of your health care provider and the professional qualifications of the person providing services. Be told in a timely manner of your discharge and be involved in your discharge plan. Request or refuse treatment, and receive information regarding the consequences of refusing treatment.
Restrictions: You have the right to request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of your health information. We will make every effort to honor reasonable restriction preferences from our clients.
Confidential Communications: Expect full consideration of your privacy and confidentiality in care discussions, evaluations, and treatments. Expect that all communications and records about your care are confidential, unless disclosure is allowed by law. You have the right to request that we communicate with you in a certain way. You may request that we only communicate your health information privately with your other family members present or through mailed communications that are sealed. We will make every effort to honor reasonable requests for confidential communications.
Inspect and Copy Your Health Information: You have the right to read, review, and copy your health information, including your complete file, and billing records. If you would like a copy of your health information, please let us know. You will be charged, according to the State regulations for duplication costs.
Amend your Health Information: You have the right to ask us to update or modify your records if you believe your health insurance records are incorrect or incomplete. We will be happy to accommodate you as long as our office maintains this information. In order to standardize the process, requests must be made in writing along with a description of the reason for the change. Your request may be denied if the health information record in question was not created by our office, is not part of our records, or if the records containing your health information are determined to be complete and accurate.
Documentation of Health Information: You have the right to ask for a description of how and where your health information was used by us for any reason other than for treatment, payment or health care operations. Please let us know in writing the time period for which you are interested. Thank you for limiting your request to no more than six years at a time. We will charge you a reasonable fee for your request.
Request a Paper Copy of this Notice: You have the right to obtain a copy of this Notice of Privacy Practices directly from us at any time. We are required by law to maintain the privacy of your health information and to provide you and your representative this Notice of Privacy Practice. We are required to practice the policies and procedure described in this notice but do reserve the right to change the terms of this Notice. If we change our privacy practices, all patients will receive a copy of the revised Notice.
Complaints: You have the right to express concerns to us, or the Secretary of Health and Human Services if you believe your privacy rights have been compromised. We encourage you to express any concerns you may have regarding the privacy of you information. Please let us know of your concerns or complaints in writing and address them to our Patient Advocate so that we may undertake the proper procedures to remedy the situation as quickly as possible.
As a patient, you have the responsibility to:
- Provide complete and accurate medical, health, and insurance carrier information.
- Remain under the care of your physician while receiving our services.
- Keep your appointments or call to reschedule with 24 hr notice: (270) 688-4889
- Accept the responsibility for any refusal of treatment.
- Ask questions when you do not understand information or instructions.
- Treat staff with courtesy and respect.
- Contact our office in the event of change of address, phone, or insurance information: (270) 688-4889
Note to Patients:
TheraTree serves all patients regardless of inability to pay.
Discounts for our services are offered based on family size and income.
For more information, ask at the front desk, visit our website, or email our finance division. Thank you.
Aviso Para Pacientes:
TheraTree sirve a todos los pacientes, independientemente de la incapcidad de pago.
Los descuentos para nuestros servicios se ofrecen según el tamaño de la familia y los ingresos.
Para obtener más información, pregunte en la recepción, visite nuestro sitio web o envíe un correo electrónico a nuestra división de finanzas.