#SucessStory: Cody met his goal of brushing his teeth within 5 minutes of being cued with minimal aversions. This is awesome! Cody used to be unwilling to hold a toothbrush. He would stall and spend several moments playing in the bathroom before he would attempt to initiate the task. Lately, he has been brushing his teeth within 2 minutes of being asked, and he has shown increased skill with the task- he now covers all areas of his mouth. Keep up the good work, Cody!
Could you child benefit from therapy? Here's what you need to know...
- Evaluations are a more formal and detailed assessments.
- Involves reviewing and studying the developmental history of the child.
- Will involve standardized testing when possible.
- Evaluations typically take an hour.
- Includes a parent interview for a comprehensive list of concerns.
- May include more detailed questionnaires about your child's abilities at home.
- Is a billable services which is covered by many health insurance plans. We accept all major commercial/private insurances, Medicaid, and MCOs.
Ready to get your child help now?
Complete the information below:
After submitting the referral form above, you can speed up your child's new patient process by completing the intake paperwork now:
Referral Process: Parents can begin the referral process by completing the patient referral (first tab) OR call us to see if your child will benefit from therapy OR requesting a referral to TheraTree from your pediatrician. We will then request a Physician order if they haven't faxed one to us yet.
Scheduling. Our patient intake specialist will schedule an evaluation with you and you may call us at (270) 688-8449. We understand you reason for getting an evaluation is important and try to schedule as little as within a week.
Paperwork. All legal guardians must complete ouromplete our intake paperwork as soon as possible. We request to have all intake information submitted at least 24 hours before the evaluation. Your information helps us prepare for you evaluation.
The day of your Evaluation:
Log into your Parent portal (or click the email link) and orient yourself 15 minutes before your appointment. For OT evaluations please have the following supplies on hand. These items help us see they way your child can use these "tools" and will enhance the quality of our evaluation. If there are any items you don't have, it's ok, we can still complete your evaluation.
- Interlocking blocks
- Stackable blocks
- Favorite toy
- Small items that are smaller than the child's hand (5)
Arrive to your evaluation appointment at least 15 minutes early. This will allow us time to collect information such as your insurance card. If you have not completed in the evaluation packet, please arrive 30 minutes early.
Note: Please respect your scheduled appointment time. Our highly skilled therapists have busy schedules and must complete critical observations and assessments with your child, which typically take the entire allotted time. Without this, your child may not qualify for services.
If you are running late, please call us and let us know. Depending on how late you're running and our schedule, there may be a need to entirely reschedule the appointment.
If you need to cancel, please do so at least 24 hours before your appointment or with as much advanced notice as possible. Advanced notice allows us the time to see another patient during that time and help more families.
- Aetna US Healthcare
- Assurant Health
- Aultra Administrative Group
- Benefit Administration Systems
- BlueCross BlueShield
- Bluegrass Family health
- CBA (Cooperative Benefit Administrators)
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Consecrate Group
- Coventry Cares of Kentucky
- CWI Benefits
- D H Evans & Associates
- Ecom PPO (Cooperative Benefit Administrators)
- Humana (ChoiceCare, Medicare Advantage, CareSource)
- INETICO, Inc.
- Kentucky Health Cooperative
- North American Administrators
- Owensboro Community Health Network
- Passport Health Plans
- Pittman & Associates
- Preferred Health Plans
- S & S Healthcare Strategies
- The Health Plan
- Tri-Care Health Net Federal Services
- United HealthCare
- WellCare of Kentucky
- Wells Fargo/HealthSmart Solutions Ins.
If you haven't met your deductible, or have other out-of-pocket expenses, we accept the #CareCredit credit card to help bridge the gap between insurance and the cost of care.
FREE Developmental Checklist
Check now to see if your child is meeting their developmental milestones.
Use our interactive screening tool to see if your 1-6 year old is on track with their gross motor, fine motor, speech, and sensory skills.
All screenings are FREE of charge and last about a fifteen minutes.
The purpose of a screening is to find out if there are areas of concern that need evaluation. If the screening identifies that your child presents with red flags that are not developmentally appropriate, it will be recommended to complete a comprehensive evaluation.