Why Should Your Child be Screened?
The purpose of a screening is to find out if there are areas of concern that need evaluation. All screenings are FREE of charge and last about a fifteen minutes.
If the screening indicates your child does not demonstrate any areas of concern, then no further action is needed at this time.
If the screening identifies that your child presents with red flags that are not developmentally appropriate, it will be recommended to complete a comprehensive evaluation.
Sometimes clinicians will suggest a re-screening in the future.
What is a Developmental Screening?
In-Person or Virtual Screening Options
We offer multiple ways for you to get your child screened:
- In-Person: In our clinic
- Virtual: Over the phone or through the use of video conferencing technology.
- Online Interactive Developmental Checklist:Parents can instantly see if their 6mo-6yr olds are on track with this developmental questionnaire.
- Evaluations are a more formal and detailed assessments.
- Involves reviewing and studying the developmental history of the child.
- Will involve standardized testing when possible.
- Evaluations take typically and hour.
- Includes a parent interview for a comprehensive list of concerns.
- May include more detailed questionnaires about your child's abilities at home.
- Is a billable services which is covered by many health insurance plans. We accept all major commercial/private insurances, Medicaid, and MCOs.